If you’re a Google Chrome user, you might have been subjecting yourself to 43 security problems that were deemed critical by the company.
“As part of the Chrome 44.0.2403.89 update, 43 bugs have been fixed, with many of the bugs submitted by external researchers.The most critical issues include universal cross-site scripting (UXSS) flaws in Chrome for Android and the Chrome Blink layout engine, heap-buffer-overflow errors, a flaw which allows executable files to run immediately after download and a content security policy (CSP) bypass in the Chrome browser.”
Due to their efforts in finding and reported the security flaws, researchers that were a part of the Google Bounty program were compensated for their work. Overall the report says about $40,000 was rewarded giving researchers a nice bit of cash to enjoy their summer.
The full list of flaws according CNET.
- High CVE-2015-1271: Heap-buffer-overflow in pdfium. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
- High CVE-2015-1273: Heap-buffer-overflow in pdfium. Credit to makosoft.
- High CVE-2015-1274: Settings allowed executable files to run immediately after download. Credit to andrewm.bpi.
- High CVE-2015-1275: UXSS in Chrome for Android. Credit to WangTao(neobyte) of Baidu X-Team.
- High CVE-2015-1276: Use-after-free in IndexedDB. Credit to Collin Payne.
- High CVE-2015-1279: Heap-buffer-overflow in pdfium. Credit to mlafon.
- High CVE-2015-1280: Memory corruption in skia. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
- High CVE-2015-1281: CSP bypass. Credit to Masato Kinugawa.
- High CVE-2015-1282: Use-after-free in pdfium. Credit to Chamal de Silva.
- High CVE-2015-1283: Heap-buffer-overflow in expat. Credit to sidhpurwala.huzaifa.
- High CVE-2015-1284: Use-after-free in blink. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
- High CVE-2015-1286: UXSS in blink. Credit to anonymous.
- Medium CVE-2015-1287: SOP bypass with CSS. Credit to filedescriptor.
- Medium CVE-2015-1270: Uninitialized memory read in ICU. Credit to Atte Kettunen of OUSPG.
- Medium CVE-2015-1272: Use-after-free related to unexpected GPU process termination. Credit to Chamal de Silva.
- Medium CVE-2015-1277: Use-after-free in accessibility. Credit to SkyLined.
- Medium CVE-2015-1278: URL spoofing using pdf files. Credit to Chamal de Silva.
- Medium CVE-2015-1285: Information leak in XSS auditor. Credit to gazheyes.
- Low CVE-2015-1288: Spell checking dictionaries fetched over HTTP. Credit to [email protected]
Read the full story.