Is HTML5 a Programming Language?
If you want to quickly and correctly show your programming homework to your teacher, and you wonder «who will solve my HTML assignment? », you can relax. When students fail to do their homework themselves, they turn to the service of specialized websites whose primary goal is to provide students with HTML assignment help online.
On the websites, experts solve IT homework and provide online assistance on any issue. No matter how complex the project is, you can expect that the helpers will professionally solve the home assignment of any complexity.
All STEM homework is delivered on time, according to the deadline. Helpers deliver the resolved home disturbance on time, even if the deadline is only 4 hours. No matter how quickly your task is solved, the work will be high quality and professional.
However, you need to learn the basic principles of programming, such as HTML.
What Does HTML5 Mean?
When we talk about HTML5, the first thing we have to know is that it is the latest version of HTML technology, whose initials correspond to “HyperText Markup Language”, which has the following meaning:
HyperText is nothing more than a text that links to other content, which can be another text or another file. This is the basis of the operation of the web as we know it, which is nothing more than interconnected pages and resources.
Markup, which means mark or tag, since all web pages are built based on tags, from the first versions to the latest HTML5 tags. An example of an HTML tag is the one that identifies a paragraph, which is made up of the tag, the content of the tag, and the closing of the paragraph.
HTML is a language, that is, it has its rules, it has its structure and a series of conventions that help us to define both the structure and the content of a website.
Something important to keep in mind and with which we should not be confused is that HTML is a language, it does not mean that it is a programming language. HTML is not, as it does not have programming language structures such as loops, conditions, functions, and so on.
Why Everybody Uses HTML5 and Why It is Important in the IT World?
While in the early days of the Internet, web pages only served to represent content, today the interaction with the online offer is at the center of the debate. The people who visit these web pages are no longer understood as passive recipients, but rather want to be called users.
Web administrators respond with interactive contact forms, commenting features, or social media integration, although online games that can be accessed directly from the browser are also added to this.
Plugins from private providers like Adobe Flash are a thing of the past. With HTML5, programmers can work without depending on software companies and thus have the ability to develop secure and accessible web pages. The following data highlights the latest in HTML5 and shows a selection of the most important elements.
What are the Positive and Negative Sides of HTML5?
Each programming language, as well as application, has its disadvantages and advantages. Let's look at the pros and cons of HTML5.
The advantages of HTML5:
- It is native, and therefore independent of third-party plugins. That is, it does not belong to anyone, it is open source.
- It is more semantic, with labels that allow the content to be classified and ordered at different levels and structures. In addition, it incorporates metadata more formally, favoring SEO positioning and accessibility.
- The code is simpler which allows making lighter pages that load more quickly, favoring the usability and the indexing in search engines.
- Offers better compatibility with mobile device browsers.
- Includes the canvas drawing tag, which offers more visual effects.
- It offers support for specific codecs.
- HTML5 makes it possible to insert videos and audio directly.
- It allows the geolocation of the user. It is quite useful for mobile marketing.
- HTML5 can run pages without an Internet connection.
- It has new CSS3 capabilities such as the possibility of using any font or typography in HTML, text columns, opacity, transparency, alpha channels, contrast, saturation, brightness, transition and transformation animations, rounded edges, gradients, shadows, etc.
- HTML5 allows making designs adaptable to different devices (web, tablets, mobiles ...)
Disadvantages of HTML5:
- Standard video format: at the moment there is not a video format compatible with all web browsers, and when 24 hours of video are uploaded to a platform every minute it is important to minimize the number of formats to be supported.
- Streaming control: the Flash video viewer allows access to specific parts of it through the manipulation of variables that Flash takes and interprets via ActionScript and that HTML5 does not have. The HTML5 video tag shows a file as someone who links a photo without the possibility of handling the concept of streaming.
- Access to camera and microphone: The HTML5 video tag is used to watch videos, not to interact, while Flash has an important technological advantage by allowing you to record and make video conferences from the browser.
HTML5 does not yet have all the necessary functionalities to be able to embed a video on the network with all the elements that YouTube currently has: annotations, subtitles, advertisements, related ... In addition, it does not allow you to play HTML5 videos in full screen.